Windows Security: Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - Upgrade Fails

Greetings! I run the new version of the Task:Windows Security: Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - Upgrade but the first time I run it it fails at the last section of the action script. I does this on every machine. Issue the action again and it returns not relevant. Is anybody else having this issue?

Completed wait “{pathname of client folder of site “BESSupport” & “\RunQuiet.exe”}” MalwareRemoveDeploy.bat
Failed move “__Download\Windows-KB890830.exe” “{pathname of parent folder of client folder of site “actionsite”}__MSTools\RemovalTool\Windows-KB890830.exe"
regset “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\MSTools\RemovalTool\Statistics]” “InstallationDate”=”{apparent registration server time}“
regset “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\MSTools\RemovalTool\Statistics]” “Version”=”{version of file (pathname of parent folder of client folder of site “actionsite” & “__MSTools\RemovalTool\Windows-KB890830.exe”)}"
regset “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\MSTools\RemovalTool\Statistics\OverallRunStats]” “NumberOfTimesRun”=“0”

Thanks! Harth

Hi,

Due to download links in https://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830 not available, the automated workflow is interrupted, therefore human error was introduced. I have updated the Fixlet, kindly check if they become relevant to your systems now and you shouldn’t see the error again.

Works like a champ now. I appreciate the quick response.

-Harth