Windows OEM OS Upgrade

Hi guys,

Newbie here. I am looking for your advice and thoughts about WIndows OEM OS Upgrade through BigFix.

Long short story: customer wants to upgrade the Windows OS on their laptops from version 1903 to 2004 but they only have the USB driver with Windows 10 on it.

I know that using the ISO from VLSC, it works fine but I have never did an upgrade using this OEM type of licensing.

Is it possible? If so, can you please share your knowledge with me?

Thanks in advance

Yes this is possible via the OSD components of LifeCycle. I would recommend reviewing the following resources before you get started.

I hope the above is helpful.

1 Like

What if the customer doesnt have the Lifecycle product? Thats the scenario.

Thanks for your help

You might consider using an iso for the version they are licensed for and editing the content that is in patch. Obviously you should test before deploying mainstream, but I don’t see how the licensing would matter in the actual upgrade.

2 Likes

If the customer hasn’t purchased LifeCycle then they will not have OSD available. So in that case it would be mandatory to sent the appropriate MS Win10 ISO to the endpoints via prefetch command and then run the appropriate MDT commands to upgrade.

1 Like

If you use the content in Patch, then you won’t even need to leverage MDT. You can just do the upgrade via the ISO just like if you sat down in front of the computer and manually ran the update.

2 Likes