Windows Errors

(imported topic written by SimonJuul)

Hi Everybody.

I am very new at TEM/Bigfix and i hope that you Experts might be able to help me here.

Never the less - When im using my
IBM Endpoint Manager Client Deployment Wizard
to find and deploy the agent on my computers

There comes some different
Windows Errors
and i search here and Google for help, but it seems that no one has answers.

The error messages are following

Windows Error 0x1f: A device attached to the system is not functioning

Windows Error 0x40 The specified Network name is no longer availible

Windows Error
0x43 The Network name cannot be found

Windows Error 0x52e The user name or password is incorrect

Windows Error

0x574 The target account name is incorrect

Windows Error

0x5 Access is denied

Windows Error

0x6ba The RPC server is unavailable

I really hope that you guys can clarify my questions here.

Thank you in regards.

(imported comment written by acasaresp)

Hi all,

If anybody have idea of this topi, would be appreciated your aswer!! I’m getting the Windows Error 0x43 The network name cannot be found.

Thanks so much for your support.

(imported comment written by SimonJuul)

Hi Acasaresp.

If you find the answers else where, please post them here it would be much appreciated.

Hi SimonJuul,

I have Windows XP endpoints with SP2 on my network so may be is the reason why a get so many errors.

The Client 9.1.1117.0 is not compatible with WinXP SP2 so, I ask to my partner who is the AD administrator to do a Group Policies installation. I will running right now!!

I’ll give you an update if that methods works!! I hope YES! :slight_smile:

We are going to do this just as a test, because we are going to migrates those XP to Win7 soon.

Hi Acasaresp

OK great - im looking forward to hear what you have to say. This has really been bugging me.

Hi SimonJuul,

The agent deployment tool dons’t work at all. I ran a scan to install agents and in some endpoints I got access denied, name not found or agent not install.

Windows Error

0x5 Access is denied
: I used a remote agent install by Windows CMD and I was able to install the agent without any problem.

Windows Error
0x43 The Network name cannot be found
: I think this error is because the endpoints can’t be found in the network. I did so many ping to those hosts and those were not reply back.

Agent not install
: I was able to install the agent with another methods without any problem.

I was using another tool called EMCO Remote Installer and I was able to install the agent without any problem, actually even if access denied error appear.

I have 650 endpoints to install the agent and with the agent deployment wizard wasn’t able to install all of them, just 100 endpoints installed for that way in 2 days, with the other method I have more that 400 agent installed just in 2 days.

I hope you find this usefull!

Hi Acasaresp.

This was very usefull - Thank you for your help.

I will post in this threat if i find a “easíer” way to deploy it on the error machine’s