Windows 7 / 2008R2 Core Protection Module - Ineligible for Install

(imported topic written by lepp91)

Windows 7 / 2008R2 machines report - Core Protection Module - Ineligible for Install - Insufficient Software Resources

Any time frame when these OSs are going to be supported by CPM? I’ve installed 7.2.5.22

Thanks

lepp

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

^ Thanks for asking this question. I was going to hold off asking until I got our infrastructure updated to 7.2.5.22 just to see if something was different, but kinda figured there would be no change. A release date would be nice. For now we are just installing Microsoft Security Essentials, but that is not a long term solution.

(imported comment written by jessewk)

It’s out of testing and should be ready for release very shortly. Look for an announcement in the next couple of days. Maybe sooner…?

(imported comment written by lepp91)

Awesome, thanks for your response!

Looks like there are a few delays on the business side so keep an eye out for release next week. Don’t worry, I think you’ll find the new features are worth the wait.

New features as in this is an update for the entire CPM platform and not just adding support for Win7?

Is the new update - version 10 of the Officescan backend?

Cheers,

Mike

Mike: I believe CPM 1.5 is based on Officescan 10

Brian: Yes, there are some new features as well. Particularly on the endpoint UI side. A full announcement with the new feature set will go out next week.

Oops - you are right. Not sure what I was thinking. I must of been thinking there was a major revision necessary for it to be Windows 7 compliant. My bad. Can’t wait for the update!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi guys,

We released 1.6 earlier this afternoon. Hopefully you saw the BES admin announcement and the new content in your consoel. I’ll post the official bit below in a second.

Also, I’ve been told I’m wrong about the code base version (I know, impossible, right?). CPM versions thru 1.6 are all based on OfficeScan 8. Sorry about that!

Jesse

We are pleased to announce the general availability of BigFix Core Protection Module (powered by Trend Micro) version 1.6. This update includes several bug fixes as well as the following feature enhancements:

· Additional Platform Support. CPM 1.6 provides support for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 in addition to all previously supported platforms.

· New Client UI. The new CPM client UI provides a higher degree of interaction, flexibility and control for the end user. This UI enables users to specify files and directories for scanning and can be configured to provide notifications to end users when malware is detected. Additionally users will continue to be able to update pattern files on demand.

· System Tray Icon. This feature provides users with access to the client UI.

The latest site versions are as follows:

Trend Micro Common Firewall

Site Version: 4

Trend Micro Core Protection Module

Site Version: 8

Trend Micro Reporting

Site Version: 7

If you are not a current CPM customer and would like to evaluate the updated content, please contact your sales representative for additional information.

Have begun deploying. Have several dozen going on 1.6 now. No issues with upgrade or obtaining new patterns. New User Console works well also (very excited about this new option).

Cheers,

Mike

(imported comment written by lepp91)

Is there documentation about upgrading to the new CPM version? Do I need to re-start all CPM actions?

I’ve found that I need to run the task to upgrade the client dashboards, even though it’s not in Fixlet Messages.

Also I needed to re-apply “Enable Automatic Updates - Endpoint” and “Enable Client Dashboard” for my Win7/2008R2 machines to receive them.

Thanks