Windows 10 Multi-Session

Good afternoon,
Does anyone know if there are any incompatibilities with Windows 10 Multi-session? The OS identifies as type 3, which equates to Server 2019. The console reports that patches are available to deploy to the machine, but then the agent reports back that the patches are not relevant.

Thank you for any insight you may have.

Hi,

what is the running operating system in those machines?? I have experienced one issue where the machines in real are of win10 but reports to console as win2019.

is it the same what you are experiencing??

Hello PavanKumar,
The running operating system is Windows 10 Multi-Session. This is a version of Windows 10 that is available only in MS Azure Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD). The presumed issue is that the operating system reports itself as Windows 10, but with a type of 3, which equates to Server 2019.
We suspect that the BigFix Client is considering the updates as relevant based on Windows 10 (Enterprise), but then the patch itself is not relevant for Windows 10 Multi-Session, or the patch itself considers the OS as Server 2019, and reports back to BigFix as not being relevant.

what is the version of client on WVD machines?? I believe it should be 10.0.1 or higher

We have client version 9.5.16.90. Would that be an issue?

Yeah. you need to update the client to 10.0.1 or higher

PavanKumar,
Thank you. Is there a article that i can point to that identifies this requirement? Thank you

Hi,

refer to New operating systems supported for the Agent