Win 10 21h2 enablement package

Hi,

I have some machines that after patching the enablement package, it stills show the old version, can assist on this?

Hello,

Did the machines successfully update and reboot? Are they still applicable for the 21h2 enablement package fixlet?

Hi Ralph,

Those machines shows applicable in the fixlet

After i deploy it it gave me exit code, 1618, means there’s another installation in progress but user unable to find that installation, haha

Any sort of install failure requires manual troubleshooting - best practice is to download manually to the machine and run it. That will produce you an actual error message. Keep in mind BigFix is just meant to automate remotely what you would do on the boxes manually but it will NOT overcome OS-level issues for you…

If you don’t want to do the above then look up the exit codes - specifically for patches, msi installers, etc Microsoft do keep them standardized: link. Per the referenced KB, Exit Code = 1618 seems MS Installer is already running (may be stuck running), with some other install… you need to kill it (if you can, I have seen instances where once you kill it whatever is launching it, just restarts it automatically and get it stuck again) and try again.

Make sure the agent version on the endpoint is at least 10.0.5

If this is in regard to reporting to the console. We had this issue where some of our clients never updated their OS version and was on older agents. After upgrading to 10.0.5 at the time it fixed the issue.

Hi @Froggie,

Thanks for the reply, so you’re saying if agents with version 9.5, it wont get their OS version updated even if we patched again?

The patches apply perfectly well with version 9.5, but the agent predates Microsoft’s change to the location where some OS informations is stored, so the agent will still report the old values

You need Agent version at least 9.5.18 or 10.0.3 to have Windows 10 21H2 recognized correctly.
Details in the What is new pages
doc 9.5
doc 10.0