Wifi SSID Test (True/False)

Hello,

I’m looking for some relevance to test whether or not a Windows PC is configured for or connected to a certain wifi SSID. I have such to show all SSIDs configured on a particular Windows machine, but I’m looking for the fixlet to be relevant only if a certain SSID is not configured.

Thanks

One way I found to see all the SSIDs a Windows OS has connected to is using this relevance

Q: unique values of node values of (selects "/WLANProfile/name/text()" of it; selects "/WLANProfile/SSIDConfig/SSID/name/text()" of it) of xml documents of files whose (name of it as lowercase ends with ".xml") of folders of folders "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles\Interfaces"

From that you could check for if a known SSID doesn’t exist with the relevance

Q: "MYSSID" is not contained by set of (unique values of node values of (selects "/WLANProfile/name/text()" of it; selects "/WLANProfile/SSIDConfig/SSID/name/text()" of it) of xml documents of files whose (name of it as lowercase ends with ".xml") of folders of folders "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles\Interfaces")
A: True
T: 4.208 ms
I: singular boolean
2 Likes

This is great! Many thanks! Worked perfectly.

1 Like

Be cause you can also do this via network inspectors, and because parsing XML via relevance is gross, here’s another way:

Q: "MySSID" is not contained by set of ( (ssid of wifi of it) of (adapters of network) whose (exists (wifi of it) and (up of it) and (not loopback of it) and (exists address of it)))
A: True
T: 10933
5 Likes

It depends upon the requirements.

My first thought was to use the network inspectors, but the relevance from @SLB shows all the configured SSIDs.

I’m wfh today so the network inspectors just tell me about my home wifi, but parsing the xml files tells me the names of the corporate wireless networks too.

3 Likes