Why MO Operator has got OPSITE?

Hello Team,

Can someone please help me out in understanding why do we see OPSITE with some ID for MO Operators?
We can notice the same through Database (USERINFO Table) and also the opsite can be seen on all BigFix Agents?

What is the use of the OPSITE for MO Operator? Because as I understand, when we initiate an action through MO targeting by property, the action always goes to Action Site and when we select devices or enter devices, it goes to mailboxsite.

So did not understand why we are seeing OPSITE for MO Operators, and sometimes not sure why the relays are trying to gather this type of OPSITE when no actions or fixlets being gathered.

Thanks.

If an operator account is switched between standard and master operator, their existing opsite does not get deleted. Is that the case here?

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your response.

That is not the case seems like, because all MO operators who has got direct MO access to BigFix console has got OPSITE and I can see the same from the tablename (Userinfo) and column (mastheadusername).

We have started seeing the below issue which is one of the reason I was able to find the above.

I am not sure why we are seeing Action fixlet files on the OPSITE which is related to MO operator? Basically when we looked at Console, we are not able to find the opsite. But when I checked in the database I can see the OPSITE does exists but belongs to MO Operator.

so I have got 2 questions,

1. Why MO operators are assigned with OPSITE?
  2. And why action files are being seen in MO OPSITE folder on the clients?

If you’re certain these users are Master Operators (and not just a user with access to All Computers), you may need to open a support incident so the support team can diagnose what you’re seeing.

@karthik.ranganathan8, all operators have the opsite_ID assigned, both MOs and NMOs.
For this reason, for each operator you will see the related opsite_ID in MastheadUsername field within USERINFO table.
However, only for NMOs you should see the newly created actions going into the related opsite folder within wwwrootbes\bfsites.
I’d suggest to check if the operators are flagged as MOs in the database, verifying the value for the field IsMaster in USERINFO (1 is for MO, 0 for NMO).