Why cant stop process

(imported topic written by bigbao91)

many clients use proxy server to connect internet that is not allowed in my company.i want to use bigfix to find and stop the proxy server which installed in the computer which can connect internet.

the relevent script

exists running application “ccproxy.exe” (ccproxy.exe is a the proxy server program)

the action script

if (name of operating system = “WinXP” OR name of operating system = “Win2003”) then (pathname of client folder of site “BESSupport” & “\taskkill.exe /f /im ccproxy.exe”) else (pathname of client folder of site “BESSupport” & “\kill.exe /f ccproxy.exe”) end if

I use the task as a policy.

Although i can succesfully find the computer and the task’s runining status is completeness.why the ccproxy.exe has been runing and dont stop.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi bigbao,

You came very close, but you forgot to give the run (or wait) command. Also, you need to embed your relevance in “{}” because it is in an action.

Change your actionscript to:

wait {if (name of operating system = “WinXP” OR name of operating system = “Win2003”) then (pathname of client folder of site “BESSupport” & “\taskkill.exe /f /im ccproxy.exe”) else (pathname of client folder of site “BESSupport” & “\kill.exe /f ccproxy.exe”) }

or… I like this better (although should be functionally equivalent):

wait {(pathname of client folder of site “BESSupport” & "\taskkill.exe /f “) & (if (name of operating system = “WinXP” OR name of operating system = “Win2003”) then " /im ccproxy.exe” else “ccproxy.exe”)}

Ben