Whitelisting - Disable Chrome, Flash, Acrobat

Hello

Our company is currently in the process of implementing whitelisting software. During this process, I have seen executions from Chrome, Flash, and Acrobat to check for updates. I was told by our bigfix admin that there were fixlets available to push out to our workstations to disable the auto update feature even to the point that the software would not attempt a check. Is this in fact the case? I believe he has applied the fixlets which seem to have stopped executions to check for updates on some workstations, but not all. Is there any further information that I can get on this process, or troubleshooting procedures to help determine why it is not taking affect on all machines.

Thanks

I find that I usually have to re-disable the update checkers for each of these every time I upgrade them.

1 Like

I typically make a baseline with the provided ones and custom ones and action it as a policy action against my endpoints.

if it’s applying to some, and not others, I would start with the fixlets that disable the auto updates first. they should contain the relevance to show you which computers don’t have it applied currently. after pushing it out and confirming the machine took the settings, you could check again. I’m guessing it’s from a new version push like Jason mentioned - you may have to disable them each time a new version is pushed out.