Where are May 2018 Microsoft fixlets?

I haven’t seen any “Patches for Windows” content updates yet for new May 2018 Microsoft patches.

Has anyone else?

Nothing - and Enterprise Security (aka Patches for Windows) site is still at version 2977.

My guess is that there is a lot of content released by Microsoft this month, the relevance is getting ever more complex and IBM don’t have the resources.

Frustrating wait - the end of the business day is looming here is Western Europe and we haven’t been able to build and test our baselines - and we should be setting up the actions for our initial pilots by now.

We have the same issue, May 2018 patches are not synced yet.

We are in a holding pattern as well. Need the content ASAP to meet contractual obligations.

we are in the same boat… any ETA as to when we can expect the May patches to become available?

Recommend you all open PMRs to express your concerns. If enough come in, maybe upper level “management” will hire more people.

Perhaps events like this cause companies to rethink their commitment to IBM and move to MS (SCCM). I would bet SCCM is ready.

1 Like

I came here for an answer as well.

While I depend on IBM releasing the Fixlet content on a timely basis, I would much rather they spend as much timer as required making sure that it works as designed and follows Microsoft’s (or whomever the publisher is) documentation regarding the patch applicability.

In the past, when Microsoft has released a large number of patches, IBM has given us some heads up about either needing to release the patches in a phased approach or just a delay.

Maybe this is a problem with the Relevance, as someone else said, some of the clauses have started to get rather long.r

2 Likes

Hello
Same here, going to submit a PMR but if you guys got solution first help us to provide it here please.

opened a PMR as well.

In previous months it has taken until the Wednesday night following release to get the patches, and then they are modified multiple times. I’ve started waiting until Thursday to actually create the baseline and test because of the headache of modifying the baseline and then not being able to know that the test patches match what is set to deploy in production.

1 Like

Seeing how they took two weeks to address the March KB that broke a lot of things… this is very concerning. We’re supposed to be testing patches NOW and releasing patches to the company this coming Monday.

SCCM/WSUS has it’s issues, but from a compliancy/security standpoint, it’s hard to continue fighting for BigFix in my agency. If my managers ask where patches are, knowing Windows Patch Software has them, and I have nothing? I can’t disagree when they say “rip this out, we’re going with something that ‘just works’”.

I’m fighting for this thing, but it’s a losing battle.

Just as there are contractual obligations that have to be met and if not, then clauses start to activate where real dollars are lost, so should we hold IBM accountable for not releasing by a certain time after MS release. Loss of dollars is where the pain is really felt.

I’m kind of surprised nobody from IBM has chimed in here with a comment.

1 Like

We apologize for the frustration.

Our goal for Microsoft Patch content is to publish the updates within 24 hours of the Patch Tuesday release, and we generally have content available well within that timeframe.

The latest batch is much larger than normal but we are still on target to have these posted in the next 2 hours.

8 Likes

Thanks for the information Michael.

2 Likes

has anyone had the fixlets loaded up in BigFix yet?

yes. Try forcing a site gather and then give it some time.

4 Likes

I see that site version 2978 is published. Gathering now

1 Like