When is a regapp not a regapp?

On a particular computer, when I query regapps I receive the following:
Q: regapps
A: "chrome.exe" "64.0.3282.140" "Google Chrome" "64.0.3282.140" "Google Inc."
A: "LenFPMgr.exe" "8.0.0.0" "Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro" "8.0.1.57" "Lenovo"

However, when I then query the existence of a particular regapp, it fails:
Q: exists regapp "chrome.exe", exists regapp "LenFPMgr.exe"
A: True, False

What gives? Also, when I look at the registry keys that regapps is supposedly built from (“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths” according to a decade-old forum post), “LenFPMgr.exe” isn’t there, so why does it show up as a regapp?

I’m so confused. :frowning:

Hmm did you check the wow6432node registry path?

I hadn’t, but just did with no change. All of the following result in a single line for a “Lync.exe” with no sign of the “LenPWMgr.exe” that exists in regapps.
(keys of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths" of registry) whose ((name of it as lowercase) starts with "l")
(keys of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths" of native registry) whose ((name of it as lowercase) starts with "l")
(keys of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths" of x32 registry) whose ((name of it as lowercase) starts with "l")
(keys of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths" of x64 registry) whose ((name of it as lowercase) starts with "l")
(keys of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths" of registry) whose ((name of it as lowercase) starts with "l")
(keys of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths" of native registry) whose ((name of it as lowercase) starts with "l")
(keys of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths" of x32 registry) whose ((name of it as lowercase) starts with "l")
(keys of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths" of x64 registry) whose ((name of it as lowercase) starts with "l")

So, where is BigFix getting the “LenPWMgr.exe” in regapps from and why does it not exist as a regapp?