When an Offer is completed in an user profile it cant be applied in anothers account

Hello,

We are trying to install MS Teams profile using an offer in SSA, as you know the MS Office profile version install only to one profile, so the idea is when the user login and go to the SSA then they can search the teams offer and install, however when one user accept the first offer and another user login and go to SSA it will be with the status-completed (it’s working as designed), so it’s not available for another user, so the issue is that only one user can accept the offer in SSA.

You can find the latest teams profile version here:

https://statics.teams.cdn.office.net/production-windows/1.5.00.4689/Teams_windows.exe

I know it’s working as designed, however, I’m trying to search for something custom that can help us to approach this solution.

Please keep in mind we cannot use the Team wide installer, because it will auto-install teams in all the profiles when the user login, instead we just want the user to install teams in their profile when they really need it.

Thanks

Is this using a built-in Fixlet, or a custom Fixlet?
As long as the relevance is correct - checking the current user a profile for the Teams application - you should be able to accomplish by setting the Action to “Reapply whenever it becomes relevant again”.

HI Jason,

Thank you for your reply.

Answering your question, it’s a custom fixlet where I have the setting “Reapply whenever it becomes relevant again”.

let me give you an example of the issue:

let said we have a computer with 2 users:

user 1 goes to SSA and installs teams, then SSA is marked as completed.
user 2 goes to SSA and search for teams, but he cannot install it, because it was accepted for user 1. So, he cants install teams.

I already asked the HCL support and they told me it’s working as designed, and it makes sense, however, due to we are using this particular app (teams profile version), it needs to be installed in each profile.

we cant use the Teams-wide installer because it will install teams in all the user’s profiles and in some cases, the users do not need it!.

Thanks

Does the relevance on the Fixlet check whether Teams is installed for the user?

yes, it uses the user registry key or the if exist file in their profile, however, if the offer is accepted the second user cant accept the offer.

also, you can reproduce this issue with any app, just set to TRUE the relevance and install the app in one user profile, login with user 2 and it can’t accept the offer because it was already accepted.

Setting relevance to ‘true’ is not a good test case, I’m afraid. “Reapply whenever it becomes relevant again” depends on the relevance resulting toggling to False and then back to True again.

Can you post the relevance you’re using in your task?

Here are some screen-shots:

when the offer is completed, it cant be relevant for another user.

Please keep in mind it only happens with offers.

Thanks

It is your relevance that is stopping this from working as you want.
Once the action has run once there will be a copy of the file in place and relevance clause 2 will evaluate as False

Right, you’ll need to look specifically into the profile path of the logged-on user, not just looking for the executable within the profile path of any user.

I recently posted a “runas” tip at Tip - Action Override User settings that should be useful.

I already tried with different relevance using registry user profile but Im getting the same issue, as the support said it’s working as designed, but I would like to create something custom any idea?

Here is another relevance that I just tested:

not exists (values “DisplayName” of it, values “DisplayVersion” of it) of keys “SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Teams” of (keys of keys “HKEY_USERS” of it) of Registry))

Typing on a phone now, no good relevance to share…but it occurs to me, do we even need to check relevance?
Maybe just an offer with relevance ‘true’, and the action settings to “Reapply while relevant, waiting 15 minutes between reapplications”.
The Offer would reappear if the user has already installed it…but do we care?

2 Likes