What is the command line to uninstall Adobe Reader silently?

Gentlemen like to know what the reader adobe uninstall command to the Software Distribution.

I’m uploading only the AdbeRdr11000
For example, I’m going through this command: msiexec.exe / qn / norestart / x {AC76BA86-7AD7-1046-7B44-AB0000000001}

This command always ends in failure.

Some of the command change suggestions?

Do you actually have a space between the / and the arguments? If so, try removing the space and seeing if that works.

msiexec.exe /qn /norestart /x {AC76BA86-7AD7-1046-7B44-AB0000000001}

You need to escape the { because the Action Script language uses it for relevance queries. Try this:

waithidden msiexec.exe / qn / norestart /x {{AC76BA86-7AD7-1046-7B44-AB0000000001}

@jmaple I personally don’t like using the GUID directly and prefer to use relevance substitution to find it. It is possible that the GUID could change over time, especially between major versions of a product.

The following should be good for all versions of adobe reader forever:

see here: http://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/2615 ( always a good idea to check here )

wait msiexec.exe /X {name of key whose (value "displayname" of it as string contains "Adobe Reader" of it and value "uninstallstring" of it as string as lowercase contains "msiexec") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of registry} /qn
1 Like

Thank you for guidance.
Hug.

I have a requirement to remove Adobe acrobat reader DC from 2008R2 but no reg key in the location that you quote. Any idea where to aim at for this version of the reader?

Have you checked 32- & 64-bit registries?

Acrobat Reader DC appears to have a slight different displayname so a modification of @jgstew relevance is needed for DC.

wait msiexec.exe /X {name of key whose (value "displayname" of it as string contains "Acrobat Reader DC" of it and value "uninstallstring" of it as string as lowercase contains "msiexec") of keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of registry} /qn

Thanks Guys that is helpful