What is Exit Code 65

Does anyone know what Exit Code 65 is? I deployed a fixlet and it ran all action script lines but came back with exit code 65. Can’t seem to find a definition on google, to find information from IBM that defines exit codes(if anyone has a link for the info. that be great too.).

Didn’t see any results on here for exit code 65 either.

I Exit Code would have come from the installer executed by the fixlet rather than the BES Client itself.

Which Fixlet was the exit code from? What was the Fixlet attempting to install or execute?

It was an exit code from a exe. It is a custom software distribution. just pulling a file from one of our drives and pushing it. The package was working fine for the past 12 months but now I’m getting this exit code.

If its Win32 code 65, that is typically means “Network access is denied”

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-

Thanks for the input SLB! Now does the Microsoft definition count even though I’m using IBM product? Or it does count because I’m pushing to a windows OS?

exit code of action gives the most recent OS return code from anything that was executed via ‘wait’ or ‘waithidden’. That is the exit code of the process that was launched, nothing specific to Bigfix. So it could be (and likely is) the Win32 error code in this case that the file could not be launched with ‘Network access is denied’.

If the program had actually be found and launched, the return code would be whatever that program had returned. From a Windows batch file, it’s the same thing that would be referred to as %ERRORLEVEL%.

Same idea for Linux/UNIX. exit code of action should be the same value you’d read from $_ in a script or shell after running a process.

If the BigFix action executed multiple wait or waithidden commands, exit code of action would refer to the last one that ran. If the Bigfix action did not have any wait or waithidden commands, exit code of action would have no value.

1 Like

If you are seeing the exit code in the action status in the console, this is the code that the command from the action returned back to the Bigfix agent so it is most likely the Windows code and not an IBM / Bigfix code. Eg.

If your fixlet has actionscript that accesses a network resource, “Network access is denied” sounds very plausible.

1 Like