WebUI update & Query issue

I think some recent updates to WebUI broke Query. Two of our BigFix installations opening up Query results in it stuck “Loading Sample Queries…” and the device targeting button stays greyed out. It works on one of our production BigFix installations. One major difference between these installations is the working one has less than 100K computers, while the other two installations have well over 200K.

Screenshot:

That’s kind of weird you’re stuck in a loading sample queries state on one of your production deployments.

If you are up for something a little adventurous, I think you can try this on your sql server (assuming this is MSSQL): delete from dbo.DASHBOARDData where DashboardID = ‘webui:query:site:bigfix’

What this should do is clear all the saved BigFix sample queries on your server, so when you run WebUI on query it should not load these sample queries.

Here is the table showing our WebUI versions on an affected WebUI server:

Thank you for the suggestion @dexdexdex. Will that SQL command preserve custom saved queries made by BigFix operators? If so then I will run it by the team here as something to consider trying.

Ah @quest I think that particular command will kill all of the saved queries made by everybody. If we want to preserve that content we’ll have to be a little trickier. I’m glad you asked this clarifying question.

I think in theory we can backup this content through SQL queries and maybe restore them? This way we could narrow down if something specific in your saved queries is causing problems. But I think maybe give us a chance to try that procedure first before sharing.

I think this is rapidly going down the road where we should actually open a support case to try to tackle this one though.

1 Like

I agree, please open a support ticket for this issue,
thank you

1 Like

@dexdexdex @adinia A support case/ticket has been opened: CS0080256

Just to better understand the problem. Were you able to login in the webui and access the /cachecheck redirection page successfully and all caches load successfully? are you able to access other WebUI pages successfully?

1 Like

Hi @michele

The other pages cannot be accessed because these WebUI installations are set to Query-Only Mode. This is done because of scalability issues affecting WebUI in the past.

The cachecheck page loads on the server where Query is working. On the other two servers where Query appears frozen, the cachecheck page also appears frozen:
cachecheck

Ok got it. Let us work this through the support ticket, Thank you

was a resolution ever found? I’m experiencing the same issue.

thanks!

See https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=0e3bda24db739818a45ad9fcd39619f7

This resolved the issue for me when cachecheck would never redirect.

2 Likes

Thanks @lltc … issue has been resolved with the link you provided.

Just to be clear, the issue I opened this forum post for IS NOT THE SAME as the one @lltc and @LouC are talking about. They’re referring to a Cache Check page getting stuck loading that was fixed in recent WebUI versions. The issue I’m referring to here has to do with the Query page getting stuck with “Loading Sample Queries” when WebUI in installed in Query-Only Mode. If you have the former problem, then the KB article they linked to can help. If you have the latter problem, then get in touch with BigFix Support about CS0080256.

1 Like