WebUI Query templates

c

All he sees is the query input at the top, but no helper queries. Know what I need to enable for him to gain access to that feature?

So I don’t think the predefined queries show up unless the user clicks any of the predefined queries.

So if the user were to click on “Active Connections to specific IP Address”, are you saying that

exists sockets whose (remote address of it = <<ip-address>> as ipv4or6 address) of networks

doesn’t pop up to replace “Select a query, or type the Relevance here?”

I think he means the list of predefined queries isn’t even showing. Just the input textbox. Make sure he has categories selected in the ‘Select categories’ dropdown (e.g. ‘Select all’), or has clicked on the little BigFix logo to load the pre-defined queries.

Actually, got further clarification from the user. he populate doesn’t exist.

Just saw your comment @steve. I’ll have him check.

Actually, based on that screenshot, the user does not have custom content authority to load the pre-defined queries, nor does he have access to a site that already contains queries. When you load the pre-defined queries, they load into your specific opsite. When you save a query, you are prompted for a site to save it to.

You can save copies of the pre-defined queries (or specific queries that you want to expose) into a custom site that this NMO has read access to (or his operator site). Then the message will change from
The logged-in user does not have any queries
to
Select a category to display queries in that category
and the user will have categories to select and queries will show up.

1 Like

That makes sense. I just had to add Custom Content Yes to there role even though all of the sites they have access to are read only. I assumed if they don’t need to create content, I shouldn’t have to give them that right at all.

Thanks guys!