WebUI Patch Policies Update (Feb 2023)

Patch Policies has been enhanced with a keyword criteria inclusion filter. Keywords can now be used to specify the patches to be included in a policy.

This release also addresses the DSA replication issue identified in KB0102238.

• For those who are currently encountering the DSA replication issue and have not yet recovered from it, you will need to follow the recovery procedure mentioned in KB0102334 after updating to this release version. Note that you no longer need to apply the hotfix referenced in the KB article.

How to update

WebUI Patch Policies will update automatically by default, unless configured otherwise.

Published Site Version:

Patch Policies 32

6 Likes

Hot diggity dog! Can’t wait to give this a spin. :tada:

3 Likes

Custom inclusion keywords will be nice. Now I just need patch policy external content to support the BES Support site (to auto apply BigFix Client updates) and I’ll be set.

I have soooooooo been waiting for this feature, thank you HCL :smiley:

I see the keyword criteria appears with the Exclude list first, then the Include list.

Is the criteria processed so that the inlcude list is processed first, then the exclude list applied or does it exclude first, then include after? It does appear to be include first, exclude after but just wanted to check :wink:

2 Likes

As you guessed, it does apply exclude keywords after the include keywords.

There’s also a note under the info icon next to “Keyword Criteria” if you mouseover.

4 Likes

Please upvote the idea BFPTCH-I-263 in the HCL ideas portal.

The latest version of BigFix WebUI Patch Policies still does not have all the action features similar to when we deploy a baseline/fixlet from a BigFix console. Currently, the “installation deadline” is missing. The “Display message before running action” and “Display message while running action” is missing while scheduling the patch policy. Please replicate all the features of “Take action” from the BigFix console in the WebUI Patch Policies - Add schedule so that we can automate the end-to-end patching.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.