WebUI is VERY slow to start, any suggestions?

We just had a situation where the SSO functions on our implementation stopped working, but local accounts could log in. To clear the issue (as I’ve done in the past), I rebooted the WebUI server (separate server). After the reboot, the service takes a while to start (Automatic Deplayed), then even after the service has started it’s taking a long time to get to the point where anything will display when you visit the WebUI URL other than the “This site can’t be reached”.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to look for ways to speed this process up?

Edit: This most recent reboot took just about 40 minutes to allow users to log in again.

Which version of WebUI are you running? There was a change…maybe a year ago…that dramatically improved the startup speed.

I can try to find the release notes on that, but earlier versions of WebUI enforced the file permissions in the WebUI folders by recursively setting the permissions on every file/directory during the service startup which could cause a large startup delay especially with a lot of subscribed sites.