Webui installation

hello,
webui fails every time i install it on windows server and found this note in fixlet “The Target Endpoint must run a Linux OS” for Bigfix server 10.0.5
should i install a linux machine to configure webui on it ???!

The OS the WebUI is installed on must be the same OS the Server is installed on.
If your BigFix Server is on Linux, your WebUI must be on Linux too.
If your BigFix Server is on Windows, your WebUI must be on Windows too.

my bigfix server is on windows but here i found this
important note: the target endpoint must run linux os !!

Quote from the fixlet code
var rootServerWindows = EvaluateRelevance('exists bes computer whose (root server flag of it = true AND operating system of it starts with "Win")');

If that is not evaluating correctly, something is off with either your console or your environment.
You can try to refresh the Console cache, which can take some time (beware).
https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0023277

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting support.

Failed continue if{windows of operating system as string = parameter “isRootWindows”}
//Failure next means authority for WebUI is missing from action

it fails in this step, could you help?

Comments refer to the line below them, not to the line above. This is your problem.

//Failure next means OS of endpoint does not match the Server’s. If failure occurs, revoke WebUI Certificates for this endpoint.
continue if{windows of operating system as string = parameter “isRootWindows”}

This confirms that this line evaluated incorrectly

var rootServerWindows = EvaluateRelevance(‘exists bes computer whose (root server flag of it = true AND operating system of it starts with “Win”)’);

@mutassem, You should probablay open a case with HCL for this. I presume the fixlet dynmically shows the OS limitation based on the type of OS on the root server. I see the fixlet in my enviromnents showing Windows yet if I make a copy of the fixlet, I see both OS limitation messages.

If you have a Windows root server then its possile the detection is faulting somewhere, however if your root server is Linux, I suspect this is expected behaviour.

my root server is windows server 2016 not linux
i tried installing it manually not using fixlet and it worked

Are you a Master Operator on the BigFix deployment, and do you have management rights to the root server?