WebUI - Groups Missing Computers

We have created multiple automatic groups inside a site in the thick console. Those groups are populated with the designated machines. In the thick console I see all the correct machines in those automatic groups.

When I use the WebUI and go to Devices and then use the group filter to choose my group it displays only a few of the computers that are in the group. It doesn’t show all the computers in that group.

Has anybody else seen this? Does anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Tom

Have you tried restarting the BESWebUI service to force it to reload its cache? You could also try the “Deploy/Update WebUI Database Configuration” fixlet (ID#2687) from the “BES Support” external site. If those two don’t work for you, I’d recommend opening a support case with L2.

I’m having the same issue at the moment. Were you able to get it resolved? If so, what was the fix?

Clearing the cache and then restarting the WebUI service didn’t work.

Have you attempted the “Deploy/Update WebUI Database Configuration” fixlet (ID#2687) from the “BES Support” external site?

I just tried the Deploy/Update WebUI Database Configuration fixlet but no luck. I’ve a support case open for more than a month now and nobody knows how to solve it. :frowning:

Because of this we can’t use the Patch Policy feature.

Do any Bigfix Experts want to take a stab at this issue? At this point, I’m willing to try everything and anything in hopes of a resolution. :slight_smile:

Have you opened a support ticket? It will likely require some debug logging or a look at your database to see what you’re seeing.

Yes, I do have a support case open. It’s been escalated to an L3 Developer. We ran SQL queries and saw the same results in tables where WebUI show fewer computers in the group compared to what is shown in the BES console. We can’t figure out why there is a discrepancy.

Did you ever get this resolved?

We determined that the issue can be resolved by restarting the WebUI service. We have implemented a new process to restart that service weekly.

1 Like