WEBUI Could not connect to the BigFix database

Hi everyone
The other day my main bigfix server crash and was down for 3 days (yes, long weekend!!!)
Now it is up and running, but when I try to connect through WEBUI it indicates that “cannot connect to the DB” either when I do the test to connect DB fail, but in the console work fine.
where can i see what could be failing?
My system is windows server 2019 and the DB is sqlserver.

thnx and happy new year

Hi.

Not sure if it’s the same case, but I’ve faced troubles with WebUI everytime after server restart. Then I realised there is “Deploy/Update WebUI Database Configuration” task/fixlet in “BES Support” site.

It’s description:

This fixlet will enable setting up an installed BigFix WebUI with the configuration needed to directly access the BigFix Database, or changing an existing configuration to repair the connection or change the credentials.

This Fixlet will:

• Send the database connection configuration to the WebUI server
  • Encrypt the database credentials
  • Store the configuration within the WebUI folder

Now I use this task everytime after server restart, and WebUI works fine.

edit: In any case, you better check this page first: Troubleshooting

Unable to establish connection to the BigFix Database

Note: If the WebUI is deployed on MSSQL, the operator will see the database configuration tester wizard. If the WebUI is deployed on DB2, the operator will not be able to see the database configuration tester wizard, and the operator must use BES Support Fixlet 2687 to resolve their database connectivity issues.

My server uses linux, and the fixlet I mentioned has ID 2687 as mentioned in documentation. If your server uses Windows, approach could be different.

That…is not normal. The reconfigure database task should only be needed if the database moves to a different host or you need to update the password used to connect to it.

Is there a reason then why it disconnects after the Database/RootSever reboots?

No, if that’s occurring you should open a support incident.

Note if you manually installed DB2 yourself, outside of the BigFix installer, DB2 may not be configured to start automatically on reboot.