WebReports sync troubleshooting

We have been seeing our WebReports server stop syncing. So far I can only tell if its stopped syncing by watching nmon for a consistent 10% CPU usage that never drops off. It’s causing us issues with our REST API calls for computers that have been recently imaged along with other updated data. The only way I have found to correct this state is to restart beswebreports service on the stand alone and the root servers.

My question is, is there something in the logs (currently set to verbose) that I could detect this state where it’s failing to sync? I don’t know if I can tie it to a long running query or if its related to something else.

Bump…

One other hint to the problem. If I log into WebReports, Administration > Data Source > and click on Refresh Data, it just sits there. It’s like it is trying to run, but never completes.

I’d help if I knew what to say :slight_smile: I’d suggest opening a PMR at this point

Well, ok. I’m sort of trying to gather more performance information now. I suspect a query from our desktop team, but I don’t know how to prove it.

What version are you running? I don’t know if its related but we suffered with webreports hanging after updating to 9.5.6. The cause was tracked down to “Issue 154464 - APAR IJ00326 - WEBREPORTS AND CONSOLE MAY CRASH WHILE RUNNING A RELEVANCE QUERY ON THE IP ADDRESS PROPERTY” which was fixed in version 9.5.7

Once the scripts were changed to use a different property, the service was fine.

Thanks @SLB, we did see that issue too and haven’t see THAT problem since we upgraded to 9.5.7 back in November. My problem is what seems to be more of a hung process that causes the DB sync to kick in. It doesn’t happen all the time. Maybe once a week. I’m just built an nmon process to help line up with the main WebReports logs when it happens next.