WebReports requires localhost connection - on Linux? What did I miss?

Hi. I am surprised. New install on Linux - and last time I did not do anything (consciously) to get WebReports working. So, curious - what may I have done wrong?

From the (9.2 documents - what google found) I see that this is expected on “Windows”, but infer it is not expected on Linux.

Thanks for the ideas - although I hope to have it resolved long before this (will use X11 session, and try to use “localhost” in that area.

M

p.s. - a long-distance X11 session seems to be a solution. Still curious on what I might have done wrong.

Maybe you did an evaluation install or full server install before, vs a standalone Web Reports install. An initial user should get created for you in the prior two options, but I don’t believe it does for standalone install.

If access to WebReports as a local admin user has been lost somehow, the following steps can be used to recover the instance.

1. Login to the BESReporting database using MSSQL management studio.

2. Determine if the username for the user you would like to create is already taken (for example: bigfix)

select UserID from USER_NAMES where LoginName = ‘bigfix’
select UserID from USERS where LoginName = ‘bigfix’

1. If you want to delete this user ahead of recreating it, run the following delete queries:

delete from USERS where UserID =
delete from USER_NAMES where UserID =
delete from ROLE_USER_ASSIGNMENTS where UserID =

1. Run the following query statement block to create the user (i.e. one named bigfix):

begin
declare @id int
insert into USER_NAMES ( LoginName, DisplayName, IsADUser ) values ( ‘bigfix’, ‘bigfix’, 0 )
set @id = (select UserID from user_names where LoginName = ‘bigfix’)
insert into USERS ( UserID, LoginName, PasswordHash, PasswordSalt ) values ( @id, ‘bigfix’, ‘gwCOEwCUD1ntCnCBwRDV+VzdvvM’, ‘1’ )
insert into ROLE_USER_ASSIGNMENTS ( UserID, RoleID ) values ( @id, 1 )
end
go

You should now be able to login to Web Reports using:

Username: bigfix
Password: bigfix

2 Likes

Thank you for the replies.

A: A dying disk - stuck at 95% i/o wait. I just saved the masthead and certificates, installed a new disk, installed a new O/S and did a new full install, but using existing certs and masthead rather than an authorization file.

B. Thank you very much for the SQL idea. Although I am working on Linux, not Windows - it is food for thought! :slight_smile: Yummy!

1 Like