WebReports permission error - "this user is not allowed to view custom reports"

In WebReports v10.0.4 I have an LDAP user that has the roles Read Only and Normal. When they try and view a report I saved and made public, they do not see that report. If I send them straight to the report URL, it gives the error “You do not have privileges to view this report”.

When I try and have them run the same session relevance in the Explore Data > Custom tab, they get an error: “this user is not allowed to view custom reports”

<?relevance
(name of it as string, url of it as string, version of it as string | "unknown") of bes sites
?>

Is there anything special about this that would cause a WR user to not be able to evaluate it?

The read-only role may be preventing them from executing the relevance query. Remove them from Read-only and try their account. The normal role should grant them enough rights to run the custom relevance.

I created a local webreports user with just read only role and had no problem running the session relevance query and viewing the saved report. As you suggested, I’ll try to remove the Read Only from this LDAP user but if it worked for the local user, I would assume Read Only for LDAP would be ok.

Did you also validated if you have allowed custom report option creation and view for all users on master server itself.

Please refer to below link for more info -

To allow any user to view custom reports, the product administrator must set the value of key AllowUserViewCustom to 1

Yes, that is set to 1 allowing the user to go to Explore Data > Custom and run the query. But it returns “this user is not allowed to view custom reports” for the LDAP user when they run the session relevance query.

The user is able to view the report and run the query today. I don’t know if their session wasn’t properly refreshing with the new Normal permissions yesterday or what but it is working now.

1 Like