WebReports Database Connection not re-establishing

BF Ver 9.5.11.191

We have an issue where our Web Reports server does not reconnect to the database after a disconnection (example, SQL Server reboot). Is this expected behavior or a bug? When this happens we need to restart the WR service before any of our reports update and scheduled reports / actions execute.

That’s not been a problem for me, I’m pretty sure it’s not expected behavior. You may need to open a PMR to have support examine your logs, or post a snippet of them here.

Yeah, it was odd to see that happening. I’ve only just started the evaluation and wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue. I’ll gather a bit more info and see what we can see.

It should re-establish connection automatically, but you need to clear the errors in WR before scheduled reports can run again. If WR is on the same server as SQL, you can add SQL Server service as a dependency, so WR won’t start until SQL is up.

1 Like

Steve, in our instance the WR server has never gone down. The DB server was patched and rebooted. For WR to sit there forever upon disconnection is a bad “feature”. Why would it not re-connect once the DB was back up?

Having to clear an error statement, after proper operation is restored, is a bit unusual for most tools. However, I have not seen that at other locations, so it’s a new one to me.