Web Reports - Invalid username and password

I’ve been having a problem with Web Reports, I believe ever since we upgraded to version 9.5.13.130.

The problem is, it doesn’t work. I try to log on and get the username and password box. I enter the credentials and it just tells me “Invalid username or password”. I’ve created new accounts, changed passwords, etc and it’s always the same result. The ‘reports’ user has full console permissions.

Also, I used to have a report emailed to me once a week and that stopped sending at the same time.

Our SQL is administered by a different group, so if you think it has something to do with SQL, let me know and I’ll bounce it off the SQL DBA’s…since I don’t know much about SQL myself. …I’m just now getting the hang of BigFix, so I’ll continue to ask a lot of stupid questions. This forum is fantastic! I wish I knew what you guys were talking about half the time. :wink:

Also, I’d like to install WebUI and get it working. Any suggestions? Is it really as easy as running the fixlet?

Our BigFix is installed on Windows Server 2016, fyi.

Thanks,
Chris

Not sure if you have already “reset” the Webreports user credentials. If not, then use the instructions at the following link:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Password%20Recovery/version/46f6b960-17f1-49ae-8a4d-5aef7eb4be46

If the problem persists please enable the webreports log to figure out the problem:

Edit reg key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BigFix\Enterprise Server\BESReports
Add following STRING values
LogPath = C:\WebReports.log
LogOn=1
EnabledLogs=all

Restart Webreports services

Regarding the WebUi, you can use the fixlet 4346 “Install IBM BigFix WebUI Service (Version 9.5.13)”. I suggest you to install it on a separate machine to optimize the performance. The fixlet will deploy and start the WebUI, no additional steps are required.