Web reports for a specific users

Hi Guys,

I’m new to bigfix web reports. I have a specific user list i have which changes every day. I have to create a report at the end of the of the month. These users I extract from a different application. I have to manually enter each user in explore data tab with property (user name) condition is that username I type. I’m trying to find out how many out of those users are on Win8. I have to enter each user manually. I can export these users in a csv file pretty easily. Is there any easy way to do this? I have attached a screenshot below to better understand what I’m trying to do. I have to enter 400 users which is growing each day.

any help with this? The list of users are continuing to grow and I need automatic process

You asked if there was an easy way to do that…no, I don’t think that there is. I’d have to question how you ended up with such a workflow because there are probably easier ways to do what you need, but not an automatic way to add 400 filters.

Depending on what data you actually need, filtering by user name is probably not an appropriate way to do it. But if you really do need a huge number of filters, you’d probably need to build a fully custom report - where you provide the HTML code to display a table of results, along with a JavaScript to take input from a text box and update a session relevance query.

By that point you are well into custom report development,.which is a lot like web development. We can direct you to some resources on building custom Web Report dashboards, but I want to gauge whether that would be useful for you first.

1 Like