Web Reports 9.5.18 - "a database error occured"

Hi,

I’m trying to launch the Web Reports website and getting the following error:

• Fresh Installation
  • BIGFIX Root Server with local Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP2 - Configured with Windows Authentication
  • BESWebReportsServer service running with Domain user account that have DBO Rights on the BESReporting database
  • Configured HTTPS and TLSv1.2 - HCL Software 404 Page
  • I’ve started “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe” and checked the System DSN “LocalBESReportingServer (32-bit)” - the Test phase ended with success

vmware_2DsAe02JGG
    vmware_EI3LTqIvJd
    vmware_kYnPgiEQOa
  • I’ve also Enabled Fixlet: Enable Web Reports Server Log from BES Support site with logtype “all” - attached log file - Web Reports Log File

Have you encountered this issue?

Based on your log you seem to have a DB issues with DATA_SOURCES. My suggestion is to open a support case. There used to be a tool that allows you to upgrade/re-initiate Web Reports db but that is no longer there and support only tell you what the commands are if you have a case. There may also be some kind of a bug - not unheard of…

Hello,
asking if error fixed as i’m facing the same issue in web reports.
Thank you

it is, yes, but you will need to reach to Support. They have an reinitiallization command that fixes web reports database issues, which unfortunately is no longer publicly available & documented.

1 Like