Web Reports 9.5.10

Has anyone else experienced crashes of Web Reports 9.5.10? It seems to crash weekly with a 0xc0000005 exception code. It is also non-responsive at times from my workstation, but works normally when accessed on the server itself.

I’ve had the same issue happen on 3 of our WebReport servers for almost 6 months, but they are running v9.5.9. No resolution at this point. IBM ticket = TS001041551

Faulting application name: BESWebReportsServer.exe, version: 9.5.9.62, time stamp: 0x5ac413c3
Faulting module name: BESWebReportsServer.exe, version: 9.5.9.62, time stamp: 0x5ac413c3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000007ea37e
Faulting process id: 0xe24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4542f0155782d
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESWebReportsServer.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESWebReportsServer.exe
Report Id: decc841a-c18c-11e8-942f-005056bc2269
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Yep, pretty much the same error. So it isn’t fixed in 9.5.10.

Are you guys doing any network vulnerability scans? I found that a script based on “test-ssl” would crash my Web Reports server if I had TLS 1.0 or 1.1 enabled. I resolved the crash in that case by enabling TLS 1.2 only.

setting "_WebReports_HTTPServer_RequireTLS12"="1" on "{parameter "action issue date" of action}" for client

setting "_WebReports_HTTPServer_UseSSLFlag"="1" on "{parameter "action issue date" of action}" for client

waithidden net stop BESWebReportsServer

waithidden net start BESWebReportsServer

(It may have been related to my removing several of the TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 cipher suites from my server and then still allowing TLS v1 and TLS v1.1 connections)

I had a PMR open on it, but once I found the workaround of restricting Web Reports to TLSv1.2 only I wasn’t prepared to spend more time capturing debugging information. TLSv1.2 was my desired configuration anyway.

Hmm…you may be on to something. We do a monthly scan, but these crashes are more frequent. Still, something to look at as we’re doing our semi-annual pen testing. I need to check the AV scan schedule, too, come to think of it.

I’ll give that a try. thanks

A problem causing a crash on Web Reports ( can occurs not only on patch 10 ) has been recently identified and tracked with apar IJ10626

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1IJ10626

But to be sure it is the same issue need to contact the support team, follow the instruction provided,
generate a dump ( with a procedure that as usual depends from the OS, Windows or Linux, the
Web Reports is installed on ) and let it is analyzed.

setting TLS to 1.2 isn’t the fix for me, service still crashed.