Warnings in import log

Hello,

Recently i have started seeing lot of warnings in the SUA import log. There are 4 types of warning seen

WARN: SAM::AppUsagePropertyValue skip parsing sorted data for computer_id=xxxxx, last_used=2016-01-18 15:15:53 +0000,process=yyy.exe, app_usage_property_id= -1 , 

WARN: SAM::AppUsagePropertyValue datetime error while parsing data for computer_id=xxxxx, first_used=, last_used=1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000, process=yyy.exe, app_usage_property_id= -1, row= {:computer_id=>xxxxx, :app_usage_property_id=>-1} 

WARN:  (ImportCapacity-Thread:1) CapacityScanFileHandler::processTask::Some error occured during importing the capacity scan from file : tlm_hw_201601140248_1234757683.xml for endpoint : yyyyy.

WARN: Replication failure for URL http://my_company:52311/UploadReplication?BaseDirectory=1&Name=%5C17%5C1648217%5Cisotagsearch_0_1234567_isotag.zip&sha1=&offset=0
data received:
Error: Requested file not found in database.

We are currently using SUA 9.2.1. Though these are not show-stoppers, there are hundreds of these warnings and I would like to eliminate them.
Any inputs appreciated.

I’m facing the same in my environment, at least a few hundreds.
any help would be appreciated.

Reference doc: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21971114

I currently have a PMR open for these warnings so once that is closed, I should be able to give you some inputs.

1 Like

Has there been any update to this? I have the same issue as well and would like to know if anyone has gotten a fix.

For the above line, it’s usually followed by a second line that describes what the error is. Do you see that?

Also, you could enable extended debugging, run the import then turn extended debugging off; that might help you figure out what the errors are all about.

1 Go to install_dir/wlp/usr/servers/server1/and open the jvm.options file.
2 Add the following line to the file:
-DTEMADB_LOG_DEBUG=1
3. Restart ILMT.
4. Run the Import.
5. Go back to the jvm.options file and comment out the debug line
6. Restart ILMT.

–Mark

I disabled the subcapacity calculations since we were not using it anyways. So that subdued those warnings.

For warnings like
WARN: Datasource file isotagsearch_0_xxxxxx_isotag.zip could not be retrieved from {:port=>“52311”, :path=>“UploadReplication”, :query=>{:BaseDirectory=>1, :Name=>"\xx\xxxxxxx\isotagsearch_0_xxxxxx_isotag.zip", :sha1=>“0000000000000000000000000000000000000000”, :offset=>0}}. Returned message was Received only 46 of 218 bytes from {:server=>“http://my_company.org”, :port=>“52311”, :path=>“UploadReplication”, :query=>{:BaseDirectory=>1, :Name=>"\xx\xxxxxx\isotagsearch_0_xxxxxx_isotag.zip", :sha1=>“0000000000000000000000000000000000000000”, :offset=>0}}

I was told to add below registry key. But it did not work
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BigFix\Enterprise
Server\Database
ReplicationPluginMaxConnections = 32

PMR is still open and yet to get solutions for these. Will keep you all posted.

@rohit, you disabled the subcapacity calculations? If you have IBM software, use of subcapacity licensing can save you big bucks in licensing costs.

–Mark

@mtrain we are using SUA only for usage data. And simultaneously also using tad4d. In coming months there are plans of migrating from tad4d to bigfix agent and using SUA for subcapacity.

1 Like

Hi Rohit,

I did find these details:

To gather the client log from correct computer:

1. Find the agentID from SUA database

SUA ID 6783 can be found on SUA database table dbo.computer_dimension with the following query:

“SELECT remote_id FROM [dbo].[computer_dimension] where id = 6783”

1. Get the computer name and ID from IEM database

According to above returned agentID, run below command in IEM database BFEnterprise to get the computer name. ##### is the agentID found, corresponds to the SUA id.

select O.ID, O.name, Q.ResultsText, Q.ComputerID
from QUESTIONRESULTS Q, LOCAL_OBJECT_DEFS O, Versions V
where
O.ID = V.ID
and O.IsFixlet = V.IsFixlet
and O.Version = V.LatestVersion
and O.ID = Q.AnalysisID
and O.Name = 'Computer Name’
and Q.ComputerID = ######

This would at least get data to show if the property existed or not

1 Like

Can you execute ‘reorg’ on temadb database.

I have a job set to rebuild indexes on temadb database every week.

Also I have found the cause of below error. This seems to be a bug with bigfix agent while generating the application usage summaries. Some applications are having invalid year (5 digit) in the app_usage.info file.

WARN: SAM::AppUsagePropertyValue datetime error while parsing data for computer_id=xxxxx, first_used=, last_used=1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000, process=yyy.exe, app_usage_property_id= -1, row= {:computer_id=>xxxxx, :app_usage_property_id=>-1}

Hi Team,

I am getting the following error :—

WARN: Replication failure for URL http://my_company:52311/UploadReplication?BaseDirectory=1&Name=%5C17%5C1648217%5Cisotagsearch_0_1234567_isotag.zip&sha1=&offset=0
data received:
Error: Requested file not found in database.

Also the scanned systems information is not updated in bigfix. We scan and upload but after import the softwares are not showing up .
IBM Inventory version 9.2.3.1

First thing I would do is to update to 9.2.6

Hi MiChal,

I have updated the SUA to 9.2.6 . My initial import went well . took around 8 hrs and we have 8K servers.
But the scheduled Import is getting stuck at 89%. Getting stuck at 2017-03-07 02:58:56 (+0:00:00.000) INFO: ETL from InventoryBuilder: Start We waited for 9 hrs and then restarted the service.
We initiated the import again now again its 1 hr 30 min it is stuck at above mentioned thing.