Wake on LAN subent error

I’ve deployed a number of computers running Windows 10 LTSB 2016. Most of these computers will not respond to wake on LAN requests from Bigfix, though they do work with freeware like wol.exe. The wake on LAN analysis shows an error under the heading “bigfix wake-on-lan subnet” for the computers that will not wake up. For the few that do show a subnet here, those respond to BigFix WOL without any problems. I haven’t been able to identify a difference in terms of how these computers were set up. They were all clones of the same golden image. Digging into computer summary, I find that the result given on problematic computers for “bigfix Wake-on-LAN subnet” is "Singular expression refers to nonexistant object."
I’ve tried removing BigFix from one of my endpoints, including the ibm and bigfix folders left over in program files and program files x86, as well as the bigfix key in HKLM, but the problem recurs.
Is there anything I can do to correct these errors?

What version of the client is deployed on these machines and do you have ICMP/UDP open to the clients?

The windows firewall has rules explicitly allowing any protocol in to besclient.exe and additional rules allowing ICMPv4 and v6 to besclient. I’m running client version 9.5.9

In case it helps anyone, I found that if I disabled IPv6 on the NIC on the computers in question (Dell Optiplex 5050), that then the WOL subnet would resolve in the analysis and WOL would then work.

2 Likes