Wake from stand by not working

Hi,

I have configured the power management for wake on the machine from stand by mode using the link “https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS63NW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.lifecycle.doc/Lifecycle/Power_Users_Guide/c_wake_from_standby_by_magic_pac.html

even I enabled the task “Wake-from-Standby by Magic Packet” at one windows machines, then I have checked the machine stand by mode from bigfix console using “wake on lan request” to some stand by machine, it was not working,

But the same machine was working “wake from power off” mode

Do you have a wake on lan forwarder declared within the same subnet. This means another client in the same subnet has been declared as a machine to send out the WOL packets. These packets do not traverse subnets so you need to have a machine local to send the packet.

I have configured WOL in the same subnet,

also shall I enable the task “Wake-from-Standby by Magic Packet” in the same subnet or not required,

To make sure you have done the steps I’m meaning, you would need to have applied fixlet 571 in BES Support to at least one endpoint in the subnet. This is where the WOL Magic packet will be sent from.

The fixlet 845 which is what I believe you are talking about to Enable Wake-from-Standby would be only for the “standby” case so yes if that is what you are trying to wake from you should also apply that.

Yes, I have configured fixlet 845 in one windows machine for access the wake on lan request while the machine on “stand by mode”,

But I configured only one machine and that machine is not under the same subnet, so I have to configured fixlet 845 for each machine based on all subnet right,

The “magic” WOL packet does not traverse subnet boundaries so you need a forwarder in each subnet yes.

Now I have deployed fixlet 845 for each subnet one machines,