"Waiting until action start time" after start time

(imported topic written by mauricem)

I recently scheduled an action of “Restart Needed” and scheduled it with the following behavior:

No message will be shown before running this action.
No message will be shown while running this action.

Constraints
This action starts 1/21/2007 6:00:00 AM and ends 1/26/2007 6:00:00 AM, client local time.
It will run at any time of day, on any day of the week, independently of user presence.

Execution
If the Fixlet message becomes relevant after this action has successfully executed, the action will not be reapplied.
If the action fails, it will not be retried.

Post-Action
After the action completes, the computer will be restarted.
The user will be allowed to postpone the restart for up to 60 minutes.
The following message will be displayed after running the action:

When I checked on Monday I found that 63 of the 119 systems had the following action info:

Started at: Not executed
Completed at: Waiting until the action start time

Now I checked and the systems have the same status. But that doesn’t seem to make sense because it’s way past the start time. All these systems are in the local time zone (Arizona) and are online.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? Does it have something to do with user response?

Thanks

(imported comment written by Weylan_Wang)

Mauricem,

There could be a number of reasons you ended up in the waiting state, but the biggest problem or issue for you is not that the computer may be on line, but the status may not have changed.

Please remember that the action at this point is either stopped or expired. Actions that have expired or are stopped, no longer update their status. So that if the state of the computer changes, changes will not be reflected in the action any longer.

So for example if the computer was waiting for another action to be completed because of a multiaction group item or user delay, and we then exceeded the expiration date of the action, the values for the action will not change any longer and the restart needed will not be run, or not record for the action that it was restarted.