VM Manger Proxy Inspectors

Does anyone know where to find details on inspectors available via the VM Manager Proxy?

I’ve managed to stumble my way into some like:
names of snapshots
number of snapshots

Trying to find any documentation on this has proven impossible.

I’ll have to check on official documentation, but the way I approach this typically is to look at the “inspectors” file for the given management extender/proxy plugin. Please see DEVICE information is not showing in IEM (bios release date for VMWARE HOST) for an example for ESXi.

I have some success but I am getting an issue with the results can someone tweak this to make it work?
This is what I am getting
Singular expression refers to non-unique object.
from this property

if exists snapshots of guest vms then name of snapshots of guest vm as string else “Unknown”

I tried using snapshot instead of snaphots and it doesn’t like that
The operator “snapshot” is not defined.

Can you share what you have for
names of snapshots
number of snapshots ?

I am having issues getting just those to work.

Try something like:

if (number of snapshots > 0) then (names of snapshots) else (“None”)

You’re inspecting the VM instance directly (via the proxy), so your target for that relevance are the vm instances. So, put it in an analysis with something like “in proxy agent context” as the relevance for the analysis.

number of snapshots and names of snapshots are the actual relevance queries… Be sure you’re running them on the vm instances and not the hosts or the agent instances.

That ends up giving me a none for everything
I think I am getting what I want back What I need to to get it from a singular expression?
for this one

if exists snapshots of guest vms then names of snapshots of guest vms as string value else “Unknown”

how do I make it a non singular expression?

You are using the “non plural” versions of the inspectors when the answer actually has more than one result.

Is there a plural version where how do I get / use it, sorry I really new at this and working off the cuff.

What I want is the list of the results by name.
The issue seems to be that the plurals
snapshots of guest vms exist and will return results and does not error, for ones that do not have any such as one in maintenance mode it equates to Unknown

The issue is getting the results
names of snapshots of guest vms gives the

name of snapshot gives me The operator “snapshot” is not defined.

so how do I get a list of the names of the snapshots per each vm?

Put the exact query you are putting in here then we could help

if exists snapshots of guest vms then (it of snapshots of guest vms) else “Unknown” is the most current attempt, it is a property I am trying to make

response from that version was
snapshot names Incompatible types.
next attempt is

if exists snapshots of guest vms then (names of snapshots of guest vms) as string else “Unknown”

I want one like this which exists for templates of vms:
if exists devices of guest vms then templates of devices of guest vms as string else “Unknown”

but for snapshots

if exists snapshots of guest vms then names of snapshots of guest vms as string else “Unknown”

Try:

if (exists snapshots of guest vms) then (names of devices of guest vms) else ("Unknown")

The “names” result should be a string already I would think but if its not you can do

if (exists snapshots of guest vms) then ((name of it as string) of devices of guest vms) else ("Unknown")

tried both and get
The operator “name” is not defined.
The operator “names” is not defined.

I see this in the dos mentioned

Snapshot inspectors (Guest)

snapshots: plural snapshot
creation time of : time
description of : string
name of : string
id of : integer
quiesced of : boolean
replay supported of : boolean
type of : string
value of : string
vm state of : string
children of : snapshot

what does the refer to ?
name of : string ?

it took out the <
and the >

if (exists snapshots of guest vms) then ((name of it of snapshot of guest vm as string) of devices of guest vms) else (“Unknown”)

and
if (exists snapshots of guest vms) then (names of snapshots of guest vms) else (“Unknown”)

but now back to the
Singular expression refers to non-unique object. for both

Query 1:

if (exists snapshots of guest vms) then ((name of it of snapshot of guest vm as string) of devices of guest vms) else ("Unknown")

…you’re checking for (plural) existence of “snapshots of guest vms”, then trying to retrieve (singular) “name of snapshot of guest vm as string” The singluar “name of snapshot” will fail if more than one snapshot exists (and also if 0 exist). The “of it” in “name of it of snapshot” is unnecessary, and the “of devices of guest vms” is ignored because you don’t refer to it with “of it” anywhere inside the parenthesis. Try this to convert it back to a singular -

if (exists snapshots of guest vms) then (concatenation ";" of names of snapshots of guest vms) else ("no snapshots")

…this should list all the snapshots on the host.
Follow that up with

(name of it, if exists (snapshots of it) then (concatenation ";" of names of snapshots of it) else ("no snapshots")) of guest vms

…that should show each guest VM name, followed by a list of all snapshots for that guest.

(caution - I haven’t looked up the reference to see whether “guest vms” is a valid creation class, but I bet it is).