Using the BigFix Professional Services - View Computers As Group

Hello team,

I am currently using the dashboard https://bigfix.me/dashboard/details/139 which is very helpful from our side but I couldn’t have it stay from my list of Dashboards.

Whenever I have to close my BES Console and open it again, I will need to “re-import” it to the Load Wizard (Debug Menu). I usually have to reopen my console to make sure that the records I have is fresh from the database. I am importing it as NMO from my own laptop.

So is there a way to have it permanently included on the list of my dashboards? Should I ask our MO to import it from the root server?

Thanks

The files can be added to your current site and will be visible through the dashboard, as @JasonWalker has already mentioned.

1 Like

Hello VK,

Yes, I tried both steps. However, when I try to reopen my console, I had to do the steps again. Not sure though if this is the normal behavior so I also wanted to confirm.

Thank you

Okay, I tried doing the same procedures using an NMO test account, and the dashboard remained there even after I closed and reopened the console. I also tried adding these files to the NMO ops site, and the dashboard remained there.

I’m not sure what makes your situation unique, but if it’s necessary, you can try asking your MO to add files to the desired site you want.

Other option to create ad-hoc computer group, you can select desired devices right click & select view as group.

1 Like

Just so there’s no confusion…once you attach the dashboard files as Site Files, the dashboard will appear in the tree view beneath that Site. Find it by expanding All Content → Sites → SiteName → Dashboards. It won’t appear in the Debug menu anymore, it’ll just appear like any of our out-of-the-box Dashboards.

1 Like

Hello VK,

Thank you for confirming this. Atleast now I have a reference as to how the dashboard should be working. I will need to check with our team on how it behaves from their side.

We do use the View as Group option but we normally check hundreds of servers for our schedule tagging so providing a list of servers then getting the properties which this dashboard is doing is the best option I have seen so far. Our alternative before was to deploy a blank action to the machines and from the check the machines from the computers tab of the action but with the increasing number of servers we manage, we needed to find an alternative.

Thanks again VK

Hello JasonW,

When I am importing it via the Debug menu load wizard, I would only see it from the main Dashboard > All Dashboard navigation panel. But when I try the Tools menu Add files option, I was able to put it on my NMO operator site and was able to see it both in Dashboard > All Dashboard node and Sites > Operator Sites > MyNMOsite > Dashboards node.

For some reason, I don’t have to do it again and again every time I open my BES Console. I don’t know which particular step I took that resulted to the desired behavior so I am asking my other colleagues to try it out.

Still getting confirmation from our master operator if this is something we can put in a more globally accessed site.

Thanks for the additional info, JasonW.

1 Like

Hello again,

Something related to this. Does BigFix has something similar to this wherein we can just provide multiple KB numbers then it will search for related fixlets as a list so we can add them to baseline? What I am aware of so far is the use of Custom filter so I am just wondering if there is also a similar dashboard for fixlets.

Thank you