Using SLA

(imported topic written by kaushalw91)

I am working on SLA in bigfix, but somehow I am not sure how to go about. Here is what I did

1. Configured “SLA” parameter BES client setting, this was done by right click on computer and setting SLA value. In my case it is MO0204 ( Monday, 2 AM to 4 AM )

2. I open BES Console and configure settings in registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigFix\Enterprise Console\Settings\SkipLockedConstraint to 1 ( I used DWORD value and REG_SZ value)

3. Apply “policy-Manage PC lock state” to a system configured in step 1

4. Get result as “Not Relevant”

Please enumerate the steps to configure SLA and make it work. I want to patch and reboot the systems on Monday 2 AM to 4 AM

Thanks,

Kaushal

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi Kaushal,

I think there are a lot of details that we are missing here… It appears your “SLA” functionality is a custom built maintenance window? Who developed this for you?

Ben

(imported comment written by kaushalw91)

I am not sure, who developed and when. I can post the relevance and action taken by this fixlet

Fixlet name is “policy-Manage PC lock state”

Relevance:

(exists setting “SLA” whose (exists value whose (it = case insensitive regex "(mo|tu|we|th|fr|sa|su|mf)

0-2

\d

0-2

\d.*") of it ) of client ) AND (((((first 2 of (now as local string as lowercase) = first 2 of it) Or (“mf” = first 2 of it AND first 2 of (now as local string as lowercase) !=“s”)) And (concatenation of characters (17;18) of (now as local string as lowercase) >= concatenation of characters (2;3) of it) AND (concatenation of characters (17;18) of (now as local string as lowercase) < concatenation of characters (4;5) of it)) of (value of setting “SLA” of client as lowercase)) = (exists setting “__lockstate” whose (exists value whose (it as lowercase = “true”) of it) of client))

Action:

if {(((first 2 of (now as local string as lowercase) = first 2 of it) OR (“mf” = first 2 of it AND first 2 of (now as local string as lowercase) !=“s”)) AND (concatenation of characters (17;18) of (now as local string as lowercase) >= concatenation of characters (2;3) of it) AND (concatenation of characters (17;18) of (now as local string as lowercase) < concatenation of characters (4;5) of it)) of (value of setting “SLA” of client as lowercase)}

action unlock “{now}” // window is open so unlock

else

action lock indefinite “{now}” // window is closed so lock

endif

This is same as http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=662

It works now, but everytime I change the SLA, I need to reapply the policy-“Manage PC lock state” to take effect. If the computer is in SLA say MO0204, it should be locked for 22 hours, except from 2 AM to 4 AM. It doesnt get locked / unlocked automatically.

Thanks,

Kaushal

Any updates?

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

Hi Kaushal,

According the the help text in the task:

Relevance Design

The applicability Relevance for this fixlet is “if I’m in the window and locked” or “if I’m not in the window and unlocked”. This makes the fixlet relevant, then Action needs to unlock or lock appropriately.

If you were seeing “not relevant” when a) the computer was outside the window and locked or b) in the window and unlocked then you were seeing the correct behavior.

Right?

Noah

Yes Noah you are right.