Using Powershell natively in the fixlet

All help is greatly appreciated as I am new to bigfix and am trying to learn from the deep end of the pool.

I am trying to setup Server automation in order to push patches to servers.

I have a powershell script that sends out an email at the beginning and another that will test connectivity and send out a different email depending.

The script works properly if I just run it through powershell, but it will not run through bigfix.

I have tried to use the built in method for sending an email but even when i run it against the server it states it is applicable to - it comes back as not relevant. Is there something that I am missing or is there a bigfix script that will do the same thing?

Is your question “why is this action not relevant” or “why won’t my script (send mail?) when run as the bigfix agent”?

Relevance debugging is possible using the standalone debugger (assume Windows) on the endpoint, and some relevance you need to evaluate using the local client to get a result. Post your relevance maybe.

Powershell debugging, try enabling the transcript and see if your error is captured.

## set up logging
$LogDir = "$env:windir\Logs\BigFix"
$LogFile = "$LogDir\my-script.log"
if (-not (Test-Path -Path $LogDir)) {
    try {
        New-Item -Path $LogDir -ItemType 'Directory'
    }
    catch {
        Write-Warning "Unable to create log file at $LogDir"
        exit 2
    }
}