Using old CIS checklist for new OS version

Is it possible to use Bigfix old checklist for old version of an OS (mac) on new version of OS if checklist for the new version has not been released yet by Bigfix. In other words, what needs to be modified in the fixlets/analysis which are part of the old checklist to make them work with new version of same OS.

Welcome to the Forum!

It’s really not practical to do that - as it would involve changes to the relevance on every fixlet, in most cases.

You may be able to use the ‘Import SCAP Content’ Wizard to create a new checklist by importing the original XCCDF/OVAL from the checklist, but there are some definite limitations there and your mileage may vary

If you are waiting for the macOS 14 content (like many of us), I’ve been assured it will be released end March.

Thanks Jason and Nick, yes was looking for using OSX13 CIS for OSX14.

Also just wanted to know what is needed in case I need to use OSx14 on may be OSx15.

I tried pushing “deploy and run checklist OSx 13” on to Sonoma, it runs and creates /scm/darwin/13/ folder with detect and remediate scripts but does not execute any of these (After I changed fixlets relevance from 13 to 14). So not sure if I need to make any changes on the “deploy and run checklist” action script as well!!

I guess I just have to depend on HCL to hurry up and release the CIS checklists for all these new OS, close to the OS release dates.