Using administrator credentials to install

(imported topic written by Joe_GVH)

I have an msi that I need to deploy throughout our entire enterprise, however the users credentials do not have the permission to perform the install. I used the software ditribution wizard and I am able to create a deployment package that works for anyone that has administrator credentials, which is about 1% of our users.

Is the any way to specify credentials to run an installation? I need to find out what my options are to get this rolled out.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Joe,

The BES Agent runs as the SYSTEM account, which should have full rights to the computer. Have you tried just deploying the package with BES normally or does the package specifically require a user that is not the SYSTEM account?

Ben

(imported comment written by Joe_GVH)

Ben Kus

Hey Joe,

The BES Agent runs as the SYSTEM account, which should have full rights to the computer. Have you tried just deploying the package with BES normally or does the package specifically require a user that is not the SYSTEM account?

Ben

Ben,

I am not sure what you mean by deploying it with BES normally. I tried running the install locally on a machine and got an error about needing administrative rights.

I also tried using BES to deploy it. The first time I had it run silently and I didn’t see anything on the local machine, but it showed as failed on my console. I then tried running it with out the silent switches and I got the following error on the local machine:

“The installer encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2103”