"User does not have the required targeting permissions"

Hi All,

Was hoping someone could help me with the following error in the WebUI: User does not have the required targeting permissions

I am trying to allow one of my operators to execute a custom task via WebUI rather than having him log into the BF Console since these tasks are generally one offs or a couple per day. (The Task just runs a script to install a Tivoli Monitoring Agent.) Every time he tries to run the command to any target via WebU"I, he gets this error (above).

I have checked permissions for the user and he’s granted ‘Allowed’ for all WebUI apps via the role he is assigned to…and in ‘All Content’ → ‘WebUI Apps’ all apps are set to ‘Enable for all Operators’. Operator details also allow for webUI access

When I execute the task (or any task) as master operator, I have no issues. Curious if anyone has run into this issue before…or is it just not allowed in WebUI yet??

BF version 9.5.8

Thanks,

Doug

1 Like

dbkuhn, were you able to resolve this?

I am having the same issue setting up WebUI actions for our Service Desk to execute a limited number of tasks. I haven’t opened up a PMR yet as it seems like this is probably something simple that is being missed. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

For reference we are on these WebUI versions and BF 9.5.5:
Profile Management611 May 2018
Application Administration1111 May 2018
Patch Policies627 Jul 2018
Common4631 Aug 2018
WebUI Content App227 Jul 2018
Custom2107 Sep 2018
WebUI Data Sync328 Sep 2018
WebUI Framework328 Sep 2018
Patch2128 Sep 2018
WebUI Permissions and Preferences227 Jul 2018
Query1312 Oct 2018
Software Distribution2128 Sep 2018
WebUI Take Action312 Oct 2018

Did you set a limit on the number of devices that could be targeted by NMOs in the WebUI Permissions page (under the gear)? Are they targeting by manually typing the name, selecting a device from the list, or selecting a group?

@kphilips Not yet…am in the same boat as you. (Not opening a PMR because it has to be a simple over sight. :grinning: )

@steve My NMO’s are limited to certain computers. However, the target(s) they are selecting (manually typing and selecting) are assigned to these users. That is where I am confused and think it’s something within WebUI preventing it and I can’t find it. When I click on the 'Permissions Page (gear icon) I only see two options (see attached image) no mention of permissions (logged in as MO).

webUIPermissions