URGENT: BES Console HTTP ERROR 18 when loading sites

Hello,

We are currently unable to log into our BES Console application. As we are getting the below error.

I have tried the BES Console installed on the server and BES Console or a client machine. I think this could be related to the database but I am able to access the web-gui and manage the product via my browser.

Anyway seen this before and know how to fix it?

@khourj, good morning. Sorry to hear that you’re having connectivity issues to your root BES server. Assuming this is a Windows server, so please correct me if incorrect.

Have you checked the status of the BES diagnostic tool as shown in the screenshot below?

If no, please execute and post results here. Also, do you see any error messages in the BESRelay.log or FillDB.log files on the root BES server? Details on log file locations can be found HERE.

@cmcannady - thanks for your reply.

The Diagnostics passes with a 12/12. I found this is the BESRelay.log that marries up with the time when I tried to log in about 1hr ago.

Here is the fillDB - the entry of data was me restarting the service(s).

@khourj, from the BESRelay.log, it would appear that your AD/LDAP integration is failing. Have you tried logging in using a local/MSSQL operator account (i.e. the BESAdmin account created during installation)? Also, if you’re a Master Operator (i.e. MO), please double-check the AD/LDAP connection from the BES console after logging is as a local/MSSQL Master Operator account.

@cmcannady - I tried using the only master operator/local account I have access to and I get the same error. What would have caused the AD/LDAP to break?

@khourj, given that there’s no MSSQL errors in the BESRelay.log, I would have to assume that something in the credentials/config you have specified for BigFix has been broken. I would recommend opening a ticket with your AD/LDAP team to investigate. However, getting the same HTTP 18 error when attempting to login as the local MO account is disconcerting. I think this issue may be beyond what we can support on this forum. It would be better to open a support case with L2 regarding this matter.

@cmcannady - Thanks for your help. That fact that I can log into the WEB-UI perfectly fine (multiple users can) with our LDAP/AD accounts makes me question the LDAP/AD issue so I am really at a loss at this moment in time. I’m unable to raise a ticket using that site as I don’t have an account and unable to create an account as I don’t have our account number/HCL ID. Before I call quits on this and wait until Monday to escalate this (almost 2am in my timezone right now), can you suggest anything to refresh the LDAP/AD connection on the BES Server?

@khourj, there’s a 24x7 toll-free number that you can call where they should be able to look-up your HCL customer number.

Restarting of the BESRootServer service from the Services MMC may force the root BES server to refresh the AD/LDAP cache. However, there’s a connection test option in the BES console for AD/LDAP. If you’re a MO, you can access this dashboard and test the AD/LDAP connection. I would try this 1st.

@cmcannady - I can’t log into the console to run that test :slight_smile:

All good, I’ll have to raise a support ticket. Thank you.