Urban Code Deploy agent in BigFix inventory report showing as incorrect version number

Hello All,

Version in the Software Installation report for all the servers are showing as 6.1 but 6.2 is installed in entire environment. I have cross checked below points all seems to be working fine. → Latest catalog deployed → All type of scan is completed. → Data Import Completed. → Latest Scan Import (up-to-date).
Also I am able to see the signature available for 6.2 version of UCD, Not sure why still it is not able to discover.

Kindly suggest how I can remediate this issue.

Regards,
Manish Singh

Addition to above issue:-1:

I found out that BFI is pulling information from /opt/urbancode/ibm-ucdagent/properties/version which contains
IBM_UrbanCode_Deploy_Agent-6.1.0.swtag file which contains below information.

IBM UrbanCode Deploy Agent

Due to which BFI is still reporting 6.1 but BFI is missing maintenance levels and perhaps just the base product version.
But from the server end I have cross check and found out that urban code agent is reporting version 6.2.7.2.974541 in the logs and in the server side.
Also version in the conf file /opt/urbancode/ibm-ucdagent/conf/binary.version
and in conf/installed.version is showing as 6.2.7.2.974541

Need suggestion how this issue can be remediated.

hi Manish,

I would actually expect that the upgrade of the ucd-agent would also replace the swtag with a newer version of the swtag file, like *6.2.0.swtag
Can you find a another swtag file on the system?
Is there a 6.2.0.swtag file in the ucd-agent 6.2 package?

Cross checked multiple server and all of them are having 6.1.0.swtag but client is upgraded to 6.2

Sounds like it is not BFI issue, but rather the product did not update their tags. I suggest to open case for Urban Code Deploy product.

Thanks for your response.
Seems like it is bug with ucd which is not able to remove the older tag.
Ucd team is going to raise APAR for the same.

Regards,
Manish Singh