Upload Software Scan Results - Not Relevant - after successful SW scans

Hi.
Have searched for a potential solution, but no luck.

BFI - 9.2.11.1
Catalogue - 2638293.4

Recently, had to recreate all the BFI scanning related tasks (found that they had been deleted in BigFix console).

1. Install/Upgrade Scanner
  2. Initiate SW Scan
  3. Upload SW Scan results
  4. Run Capacity scan and Upload results

After recreating these tasks, tasks 1, 2 and 4 were marked as “Completed” on over 1,000 clients… over 4 days ago.

However, we noticed:

1. Only 29 clients are considered relevant in the “Upload SW scan results” - task 3, above
  2. Status is marked Completed for these 29 clients
  3. Only 1 of these 29 clients has updated SW data in BFI
  4. Data Imports are running successfully, once a day

• checked the Scanner & Software analyses and there are no issues reported
  • selected 3 servers and ran ad-hoc SW scans
  • scans were marked as Completed for these 3
  • Still, nothing is relevant for “Upload SW scan results”

• ran ad-hoc Capacity Scan & upload on 3 clients
  • status marked as Completed for the 3 clients
  • checked the …\BES Server\UploadManagerData\BufferDir\sha1 folder on the BF server - it’s Empty.

Please let me know if you have come across such an issue and what else I should check…

Thanks,
-nb

@nbirdi Have you checked the action history on the 3 machines where you ran the ad-hoc software scans? You may find that Task 3 has indeed run on those machines. Task 3 is only relevant immediately after Task 2 runs, when a software scan results package is available, and then becomes non-relevant again after it runs. It is normal for Task 3 to not be relevant most of the time.

What does the Scan Health widget in the BFI UI report?

Have you looked at the troubleshooting steps here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKLLW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.inventory.doc/Inventory/probdet/t_using_log_collector.html ?

Hi, itsmpro92.
Thanks for the response.
I did collect logs from the 3 clients on which I ran the ad-hoc scans. There was nothing unusual in the logs and they indicated that scan files were generated.

Upon discussions with our team at-large, it was suggested to stop the existing tasks, and recreate them using the latest fixlets which had just been updated in the BF console.

Yesterday, I recreated all tasks using the 9.2.15.0 fixlets and ran an ad-hoc SW scan on the same 3 servers. This morning, looks like the new “Upload Software Scan results” fixlet picked up these 3 servers and uploaded their scans… I confirmed that 2 of the 3 were inported into BFI. As for the 3rd scan, I’ll give it a bit mor etime befor einvestigating further.

The regular scans are scheduled to run Saturdays. Will know next week, if it was just that the fixlet version needed to be “refreshed”.

Will post an update after the weekend.

Rgds,
-nb

Checked this morning and all is back to normal.

Essentially, I stopped all the previous tasks (were an older version of the fixlets) and recreated the tasks making sure they were all the latest version - 9.2.15.0 and, … waited.

Everything is functioning normally.

Rgds,
-nb

2 Likes