Upgrading BigFix 10.x.x on Windows 7 computers

Is there any reason for not being possible to upgrade clients and relays running Win7 to version 10.x.x via fixlet?

I’m aware of the the Detailed System Requirements documentation (https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0087327), but since proceeding the manual upgrade of both components seems to work as expected I would like to know if there is any known issue or it is just a technical recommendation.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Just remove the relevance from fixlet and upgrade the Relays and client.
Or you can upgrade them to last supporting version like 9.5.X

Sagar D

Thanks for your reply @Sagar_v_d.
I know that removing the relevance or even changing it to windows version >= “6.1” will work.
Actually I’ve already upgraded a few clients and relays for testing purposes. I was just being cautious before upgrading the hole environment. That is why I was looking to exchange some experience.
Everything seems to be working accordingly so far with all components on 10.0.7 version. So I am guessing it is more a safe recomendation than a technical incompatibility.

We haven’t performed compatibility testing, as far as I know.

It is more a question of what is a supported configuration and what happens if you then have a problem.

I have run a client version higher than the server version to provide evidence to support an upgrade, but not installed a client that is not listed for the OS.

So, we gonna keep all computers up to date with components 10.x.x, even the ones running Windows 7.
If anything goes wrong I’ll share here in the forum.
Thank you all for the opinions and clarifications.