Upgraded to 9.5.20 and now 10.X Platform upgrades not showing

As the title says, we made the decision to step up our upgrade. We were on 9.5.12 and ran the fixlet to automatically upgrade to 9.5.20. All went well, pushed out the 9.5.20 agent to all servers and things looked good. Went to then move onto upgrading to 10.0.7 and noticed that none of the platform upgrades are displaying. I have the option for the pre upgrade tasks, which completed. And I can run the 10.0.7 update installation folders but that is it. Not sure where to go from here, was hoping to knock out our upgrades today, but not looking good.

What OS is the root server on?

Do you have any pending restarts on your root server? (Relevance 15)

Are all the services running as LocalSystem? (Relevance 6, 7, 8)

Is SQL Server at least 11 (2011.110.2100.60) (Relevance 11)

We’re running 2019. Also, after alot of digging I was able to find the upgrade when I hit the show non-relevant content. All the 10.X platform upgrades are showing up then.

The server has been rebooted several times, both inside and outside of Bigfix. I’m not sure about the SQL. It’s the default SQL that was installed when they first installed bigfix. I will have to check on that. Thanks.

One of the 15 relevance statements is being evaluated as false by the client on the root server. Just need to figure out which one.

Appreciate the tips. I’m still learning the system, and found what area you were talking about so I will go through them. Off hand it looks like the sql version is 2008, so I’m going to start with getting that upgraded.

2 Likes