Upgrade to 10.0.8 failed

I upgraded from 10.0.7 to 10.0.8 on running on RedHat 7.9 using the fixlet.
So I waited for the BifFix server to restart, and installed the new BigFix Console on my desktop.
The status for the upgrade action was then Failed!
However the install log said successful.
Looking at the action I could see that it stopped on:

Completed // If Web Reports was running, restart its service
Completed if {“True” = parameter “RunningWR”}
Completed wait /etc/init.d/beswebreports start
Completed parameter “unixWRStartTime” = "{apparent registration server time}"
Completed pause while {(not exists running service “BESWebReportsServer”) AND ((apparent registration server time - time(parameter “unixWRStartTime”)) < (300 * second))}
continue if {exists running service “BESWebReportsServer” whose(version of it = “10.0.8.37”)}
endif

Since the step to upgrade the client in the fixlet I did this with a separate Fixlet.

So I checked the service status of the WebReportServer.
It seemed to be running, but I restarted it anyway.
The status was then:

[root@ilmt01.acme.org]# systemctl -l status beswebreports.service

• beswebreports.service - BESWebReportsServer daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/beswebreports.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: active (running) since Mon 2023-01-23 13:14:54 CET; 1h 6min ago
    CGroup: /system.slice/beswebreports.service
    └─31503 /opt/BESWebReportsServer/bin/BESWebReportsServer

Jan 23 13:14:54 ilmt01.acme.org systemd[1]: Starting BESWebReportsServer daemon…
Jan 23 13:14:54 ilmt01.acme.org su[31475]: (to webreports) root on none
Jan 23 13:14:54 ilmt01.acme.org runuser[31499]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session opened for user webreports by (uid=0)
Jan 23 13:14:54 ilmt01.acme.org runuser[31499]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session closed for user webreports
Jan 23 13:14:54 ilmt01.acme.org beswebreports[31458]: Starting BigFix: BESWebReportsServer: [ OK ]
Jan 23 13:14:54 ilmt01.acme.org systemd[1]: Started BESWebReportsServer daemon.

Logging in to WebReports I could see that the version was correct, 10.0.8.

After these operations I could see, to my surprise, that the status of the fixlet now had changed to Fixed!
But still no more steps done in the fixlet.

So whats going on?
Is the upgrade OK or is something missing?
I am planning to upgrade several RedHat servers, so I need to be sure that the fixlet works.

//Christer

Completed pause while {(not exists running service “BESWebReportsServer”) AND ((apparent registration server time - time(parameter “unixWRStartTime”)) < (300 * second))}

continue if {exists running service “BESWebReportsServer” whose(version of it = “10.0.8.37”)}
endif

These two steps indicate where the action is waiting up to five minutes for the Web Reports upgrade & restart to complete. It could have hit that 5-minute time limit and stopped the action there with the continue if {} statement evaluating False (you’d need the client logs to check that, the action status on the server will not show the result of the continue if statement).

It’s possible that the installer was working, but took longer than five minutes to complete.

Looking at the actionscript of the server upgrade, this Web Reports restart was one of the last pieces. The only things after that were to restart the (already-upgraded0 WebUI service, and then to upgrade the client on the server itself.

If you’ve successfully upgraded the client, I think your task is finished.

Thanks!
Looking back I actually had the same problem at another site upgrading to 10.0.6.
But it is working.

It is for ILMT.
Since it happened twice, should I register it with IBM as a problem, do you think?

Did you get a resolution on your issue? Did you get any support on BigFix through IBM? (assuming you tried to open a case)

Mine is for ILMT as well and all the comments regarding issues upgrading are concerning.

No, I never did.
IMHO, IBM Support is not the first place I go to for especially BigFix problems.
Takes to much time and interactions to get anywhere.

Do you get the same situation with the webrep service and logs?
For me everything eventually it all went good, status was fixed.
I have upgraded several other systems later without this problem and I cannot reproduce it.

//Christer