Updated Windows Installation Folders Action Fails

I’m beginning the process of upgrading from 9.5.4 to 9.5.5. I started off by running the action “Updated Windows Installation Folders - IBM BigFix version 9.5.5 Now Available!”. I can see the action successfully caches the files, then it goes to the status “Running”. After a few minutes, the status switches to “Failed”. When I check the action info, all steps show “Completed”.

I checked the “besinstallationgeneratorupgrade.log” file and I can’t seem to find the issue. The last lines are:

1: INSTALLATION INFO: – Begin DetectAndRemoveObsoleteCDT –
1: INSTALLATION INFO: – Begin FindExistingMasthead –
InstallShield 9:58:38: Installation aborts, ready to shut down.
InstallShield 9:58:38: Invoking __ResetMsiObject…
MSI © (8C:94) [09:58:38:200]: Destroying RemoteAPI object.
MSI © (8C:98) [09:58:38:200]: Custom Action Manager thread ending.

When I check the installation folders, it looks like the folders for the “Client” and “ClientMSI” have been updated to the 9.5.5 software. The folders for the “Console” and “Server” still have the 9.5.4 setup programs.

Any ideas? Thanks!

There were a few issues to this as the item is a hybrid. I’d suggest just going to the 9.5.5 download and get the installation generator and run it yourself http://support.bigfix.com/bes/release/9.5/patch5/

Actually I can see the problem. If you look in the Server directory of the existing installation generator, how many *.afxm files are in that directory? There should be only one. leave the masthead.afxm behind in the directory (check the console one as well but the client ones have been fixed most likely by the fixlet)

Yep, that was it.

Thanks!

+1

.afxm files are in the folders just where they should be.

Who would have thought downloading 3 exe’s HCL would have made so difficult.

Had to copy from a dev system which by the way, had its own .afxm files right where they should be too and it worked there.