Updated BES Client Now Available! (Version 7.1.1.315) - Not Relevant

(imported topic written by Marty23)

I’m having a problem with the following fixlet showing the correct status of the client. When you look a tthe fixlet, it shows that I have over 700 clients that are relevant for this fixlet, when I deploy it, most of if not all of the systems report back as Not Relevant, but still show up as needing the upgrade. Is anyone else seeing this?

Updated BES Client Now Available! (Version 7.1.1.315) - WinNT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008

The fixlet has 6 Relevance statements and here are the results of each one if I run them on my system, which has BES Client Version 7.1.1.315 according to bigfix, one by one in the fixlet debugger.

Relevance 1 = name of operating system as lowercase starts with “win” (Result = True)

Relevance 2 = (exists regapp “besclient.exe”) AND (version of regapp “besclient.exe” < " AND (not exists regapp “besrelay.exe” OR version of regapp “besrelay.exe” >= “7.1.1.315”)) (result = False)

Relevance 3 = evaluation of client license = false (Result = Error: No inspector context.)

Relevance 4 = version of registration server >= “7.1” (Results = Error: No inspector context.)

Relevance 5 = name of operating system != “WinME” AND name of operating system != “Win98” AND name of operating system != “Win95” (Result = True)

Relevance 6 = not exists service “BESClientLoggingService” OR exists service “BESClientLoggingService” whose (version of file of it >= “7.1.0.15”) (Result = True)

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hi Marty,

Could you check a few things:

1. Right-click on a few of the computers and hit the ‘send refresh’. Give it a few minutes to report back all of its data, is it still relevant for the Fixlet?

2. Check the analysis ‘BES Component Version’ (or activate it if it isn’t already), what do these computers report for the BES Client Version property?

3. Has the upgrade action already been run successfully on them? If so, how long ago?

(imported comment written by Marty23)

OK, so here are four systems that I’ll work with. These four systems are showing up a relevant in the fixlet listed above, so I took the following information from the BES console before doing anything. Then I sent a refresh to each system and waited for the “Last Report Time” to update and checked the information again. It remained the same. Then I went to each system and stopped and started the BES Client service and waited for the “Last Reported Time” to update and check the information. Still the same. Then I ran the fixlet and selected just these four systems to run against and the action reported “Not Relevant” on all four systems.

Computer: KDT-US-Kcoffey1

BES Client Version 7.1.1.315

Analysis: BES Component Versions

KDT-US-KCOFFEY1 7.1.1.315 Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed

Computer: JDESIMONEP8SE2K

JDESIMONEP8SE2K 7.1.1.315 Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed

Computer: KDT-US-LONEILL1

KDT-US-LONEILL1 7.1.1.315 Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed

Computer: KLT-US-TMatthe

KLT-US-TMATTHE 7.1.1.315 Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Well, the agents certainly don’t seem to need the update!

I would try reloading the BES Console cache next. If that doesn’t work, could you contact support? We will want to check the database to see what it looks like and then analyze the BES Client reports to see what they are reporting.

(imported comment written by Marty23)

OK, I reloaded the console cache and I went from 700+ systems listed in teh fixlet to 290. Let me work with these and see what happens.