Update property of asset unmanaged

Assets not managed: I want to Update the value of a property of an existing asset. I tried it using the XMLUpdate.exe utility but it does an insert, if we use the nmap it duplicates the asset. If I can not find an easy solution (Rest API does not exist to do an update) I will have to connect to bbdd and perform an update from …

Any ideas?

i make a update table on sql table, but the console of bigfix not refresh. Do you Know as refresh the console for asset unmanaged?
Thanks

Any additional help on what you are trying to do and how ? The original comments in this thread are really dated and the behavior of the product may have changed in the last 10 years.

Bigfix 9.5.13.130 server & console. I want to import list asset unmanaged with XMLUPDATE.exe and i make it. But, a I need run command about asset unmanaged (without agent) , this i make it too , but i want to update property of asset unmanaged “out-script” with value of run command. I make a connect to sql server and update value of record of table unmanaged. But, this value no refresh on console immediately, it does not cool in console or after 15 minutes. It takes almost a whole day. In web report the property is not updated until after a day. I need to tell bigfix to check the unmanaged assets again.

any ideas? Thanks

Unmanaged assets are … Unmanaged. You should get the Bigfix agent on them so you can make updates.

You should also not be making direct database updates.

Unmanaged assets only have a few properties, but you should be able to update them using the REST API.

I concur on Jason’s comment that you should NOT make changes into the DB directly.
Also, the primary use case for the unmanaged assets it to have visibility to what is on devices on your network that you want to managed, and therefore install a BigFix agent on them. With that in mind it looks like your use cases does not fit the primary purpose of the feature. You should use the API instead of direct access to the B to get the properties returned by the scan and/or augment those with your data in a separate persistent location.

Can you give us more details on this so that we might better understand the use case? What property (or properties) are you looking to update associated with a given unmanaged asset?

I don’t believe the REST API does currently provide the ability to add/update Unmanaged Assets.

bigfix has no agent for the devices that I want to execute commands. That’s why I had thought of launching some commands through another machine and bring me the information I need (Goal), but now I want to take that information and update it in the unmanaged asset.
The use case could be a device where there is no agent (debian 2, Cisco, Videoconferencing Machines, …) For rest api I could not update anything given that unmanaged assets have no objecto, only exists bes unmanaged to make reports.